For a very long time, I was resistant to using affirmations. They seemed so fake and incredibly stupid to me. I hardly believed the phrases, so I wasn’t going to waste my breath repeating them.
However, over time as my heart has opened and I gave it a go. Some still just don’t ring true to me, as my ego takes over and finds some quick-witted response as to why it’s not true. But there are a few that my ego has no comeback for. These are the ones that tend to comfort me during times of uncertainty or anxiety.
A few of my favourite affirmations and mantras
- Right now, everything is perfect
- I am exactly where I need to be
- The only approval I need is my own
- What others say is a reflection of them, not me
- No one can make me feel unworthy without my permission
- You are good enough, you do enough and you are enough
- Don’t waste energy on guilt, spend it on forgiveness
- I have the strength to feel my feelings
- This too shall pass (this one I stole from my Doctor of TCM!)
- As I grow, I accept that some things I do will be successes and others will be failures, and I know that either is an acceptable part of life
- I’m connected to beauty, I have a place in the universe, and I’m grounded to the Earth
- I have a purpose greater than I realise right now
- My thoughts create my reality